Although, who a homeowner selects, as his real estate agent, and representative, often makes a significant difference, in the ability to fully achieve his goals and objectives, far too often, we pay an insufficient amount of time, to select the best individual, for our personal needs, and best interests! Doesn’t it make sense, since our house, generally represents our single – biggest, financial asset, to focus on achieving the best possible results, and, hiring, an agent, who will serve and represent our personal needs, in a professional, effective way? What basic PRINCIPLES should we emphasize? With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, examine, review, consider, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, why this matters, etc.
1. Priorities: Have a thorough discussion, up – front, before you hire your agent! Ensure you are on the same – page, and your priorities, will be the primary emphasis, and focus.
2. Realistic; responsive; relevant: Does your agent know what the current market indicates, and have the ability, to proceed, in a relevant manner? Is he realistic, and articulate his message, openly, etc? How responsive one is, and how quickly and effectively, one responds, often differentiates, the best agents, from the rest – of – the – pack!
3. Integrity; issues: Unless he possesses absolute integrity, even when a short – cut, might be the easier path, you shouldn’t hire any specific individual! It’s important to know, understand, and recognize the relevant issues, and concerns, facing potential home sellers!
4. Needs; nuances: Great representatives understands his client’s needs, as well as those of potential, qualified buyers! There’s no room, for one – size – fits – all, and we are generally best – served, when one has the ability to recognize the nuances of a specific market!
5. Character: Use the hiring interview, to ensure, you are comfortable with the quality of character, of a potential agent! One can be trained, etc, but character indicates, many other significant characteristics, and behaviors!
6. Imagination; ideas: How will someone differentiate your house, from others (competition)? Will an individual have the relevant, well – honed, imagination, to introduce and offer, the finest ideas, for your best interests?
7. Planning: Often, what differentiates the best agents, from the rest – of – the – pack, is the quality of their planning!
8. Listen; learn; leading: You should hire someone, who is ready, and capable of leading you, professionally, and effectively. Pay attention to, whether someone, is ready, willing and able, to effectively listen, and learn, from every conversation, and experience!
9. Effectiveness; energize; emphasis: Wouldn’t you, be best served, by someone, with the effectiveness, to place his emphasis, where it might, do the best good? There are always stressful times, during the real estate transaction process, and, therefore, you need, to hire someone, who is capable of energizing you, in a positive way!
10. Service; strengths; solutions: Great agents provide meaningful service to their clients. They articulate, clearly, both the house’s true strengths, and weaknesses, and introduce quality solutions, to achieve your objectives!
You deserve to hire someone with the PRINCIPLES, which will best serve and benefit you! Take the time, and effort, from the beginning, to choose wisely!